See-and-Type is a series of virtual keyboard models that assist people to enter text with the mouse, without typing on a conventional keyboard. See-and-Type uses a special color scheme for easy viewing of the text key.
It consists of three models with interfaces for different uses : Standard, Compact and UltraCompact. These software applications have been programmed in order to help people with visual problems, mainly those with low vision acuity (See-and-Type Standard and Compact models) and also people with motor impairments (See-and-Type Ultracompact model.
- Type a text and copy it to the desired application in an error-free manner.
- In order to improve viewing See-and-Type employs a friendly and colorful visual scheme. For example, vowels are always displayed in a green background color and on the left-side of the panel.
See-and-Type Standard is the model of choice for people with low vision acuity. Vowels are always displayed in the left corner of the screen and in a green background, while consonants are displayed in yellow and orange background colors.
- Useful for teaching words in an interactive and amusing way for children during initial vocabulary acquisition steps.
- "Tab", "Space", "Backspace" and "Enter" keys are displayed in a black background.
- Punctuation marks and typesetting symbols are displayed in a white background.
- After typing the text, just click the button (with red background) on the upper right-side of the keyboard panel in order to copy the entire text to the clipboard.